Actionshake Ltd are a Principal Contractor for large Gas companies in the South of the UK installing and maintaining the gas network pipes.
Our area covers London, Kent, down to Brighton and across to Southampton / Portsmouth.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role of Inground Operative will be to improve the existing gas network by constructing and commissioning gas services or mains using PE Plastic and associated fittings to high rise multi occupancy buildings. This role will include but not be limited to the use of manual handling techniques and safe excavation procedures by hand or if trained to by mechanical excavator.
The inground operative is required to have a professional attitude and appearance. To work on Actionshake’s site’s at varying locations throughout the United Kingdom. The Inground Operative will work as part of their team and closely with the appointed Actionshake Supervisor.
The Inground Operative will work to the highest standards as per their training and in addition to this the following responsibilities also apply however are not limited to:
· Comply with the HR handbook and HR policies and procedures
· Comply with the ASL driving handbook
· Stop unsafe acts and conditions and report hazards, near misses and accidents to their ASL Supervisor
· Wear the required ASL issued PPE in ASL yard and on ASL work sites
· Be clean shaved
· Load/unload vehicle in ASL’s yard
· Drive to and from varying site locations across the UK
· Follow site rules and procedures
· Always have site fully compliant to New Roads and Streetworks act
· Never work alone
· Where requested provide the HSEQ Manager or ASL Supervisor with information during workplace inspections
· Always work to ASL’s risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work
· Complete an ASL site specific risk assessment
· All inground work must be carried out must be carried out to ML1, ML4, SL1 standards
· Always obtain a permit form an ASL supervisor before deep excavations can commence.
· Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout their site
· When requested attend occupational health screening appointments
· When requested attend HSEQ meetings
· Carry out a pre-use check on plant and equipment
· Follow ASL’s quarantine procedure for identified faulty plant and equipment
· Ensure plant register books are kept up to date as per ASL’s or Client requirements
· Listen to tool box talks, alerts and bulletins and notify their ASL Supervisor if they are not clear on the information being briefed
· Follow and attend any training given by the company
· Ensure that the asbestos emergency procedure is complied with if suspected Asbestos is identified or disturbed
· Carry out manual handling safely in accordance with the training you have received
· Wear their Personal Alert Monitoring (PAM) equipment as trained and bump test every 32 days.
· Carry out a breathing apparatus monthly check and record.
· Have their breathing apparatus out ready for use, check before wearing that it is in good condition.
· When wearing ba, you must have a trained guard in place to work with you.
· Check daily your fire extinguisers and have them out by the work location when working.
· Do not come to work under the influence of drugs and alcohol and participate in drugs and alcohol testing
· Know your limitations, stop get help if necessary
· Wear ASL’s or Clients ID badge
· Carry their competencies on site
· Use their ASL issued voltstick before touching any metallic surfaces
· Test all pipe work before commissioning purging as trained to do so.
· Soap test final joints.
· Report unsafe acts and conditions.
· Use cable avoidance equipment as trained
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
In order to meet the above requirements the candidate will need to demonstrate competence and hold the following qualifications as a minimum:
EUSR GAS SHEA competency
NRSWA – 1 per team
Manual Handling competency
Asbestos Awareness competency
Emergency First aid competency
Understanding of gas transporters procedures. For main laying SL1 and ML1-4
Have a recognized mechanical excavator ticket (if using a digger)
Have a recognized dumper ticket – (if using a dumper)
Have an engineering/practical background in the gas and trades industry.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.