Riser Team comprising of 1 x NCO2 and 1 x NCO1 required to start ASAP. Rate of pay to be discussed.
Any training that is not in date as per below requirements can be arranged.
Actionshake Ltd are a Principal Contractor for large Gas companies in the South of the UK installing and maintaining the gas network pipes.
Our area covers London, Kent, down to Brighton and across to Southampton / Portsmouth.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Riser operative is required to have a professional attitude and appearance. To work on Actionshake’s site’s at varying locations throughout the United Kingdom. The Riser operative will work as part of their team and closely with the appointed Actionshake Supervisor.
The role of Riser Operative will entail constructing Gas Risers using Galvanized pipe, Stainless Steel pipe and Welded Steel pipe to high rise multi occupancy buildings. This role will include the use of Manual handling techniques and working on portable towers as well as fixed scaffolding.
The Riser operative will work to the highest standards as per their training and in addition to this the following responsibilities also apply however are not limited to:
- Comply with the HR handbook and HR policies and procedures
- Comply with the ASL driving handbook
- Stop unsafe acts and conditions and report hazards, near misses and accidents to their ASL Supervisor
- Wear the required ASL issued PPE in ASL yard and on ASL work sites
- Be clean shaved
- Load/unload vehicle in ASL’s yard
- Drive to and from varying site locations across the UK
- Follow site rules and procedures
- Where requested provide the HSEQ Manager or ASL Supervisor with information during workplace inspections
- Always work to ASL’s risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work
- Complete an ASL site specific risk assessment
- All riser work must be carried out to RL2 standards
- Always obtain a permit form an ASL supervisor before working at height
- Always follow ASL’s working at height procedures
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout their site
- When requested attend occupational health screening appointments
- When requested attend HSEQ meetings
- Carry out a pre-use check on plant and equipment
- Follow ASL’s quarantine procedure for identified faulty plant and equipment
- Ensure plant register books are kept up to date as per ASL’s or Client requirements
- Listen to tool box talks, alerts and bulletins and notify their ASL Supervisor if they are not clear on the information being briefed
- Follow and attend any training given by the company
- Ensure that the asbestos emergency procedure is complied with if suspected Asbestos is identified or disturbed
- Carry out manual handling safely in accordance with the training you have received
- If carrying a breathing apparatus carry out and record a monthly check and a pre-use check before wearing
- Do not come to work under the influence of drugs and alcohol and participate in drugs and alcohol testing
- Know your limitations, stop get help if necessary
- Wear ASL’s or Clients ID badge
- Carry their competencies on site
- Use their ASL issued voltstick before touching any metallic surfaces
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
In order to meet the above requirements the candidate will need to demonstrate competence and hold the following qualifications as a minimum:
EUSR GAS SHEA competency
Manual Handling competency
Asbestos Awareness competency
PASMA competency (Team Leader only)
Abrasive wheels competency
Emergency First aid competency
Fire warden competency
Understanding of gas transporters procedures. For Risers RL1 and 2. For main laying SL1 and ML1-4
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.